Careers at LabCentral
Manager, Marketing and Creative Strategy
You’ll be a strong fit for this role if you have a background in marketing, communications, or design plus 5+ years of experience with either in-house marketing or working with an agency.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills and experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply and highlight those attributes for us. We read every application that comes through and appreciate reading applicant perspectives on the role.
- Serve as a creative leader for LabCentral by spearheading the creative process and leading a cross-disciplinary team that manages how the LabCentral brand is experienced both internally and externally
- Develop high impact marketing, design, and communications strategies and outputs that drive visibility of the LabCentral brand. Some initiatives include visual branding guides, website and digital communication management, brand messaging, logo creation, marketing collateral, and physical space design
- Source and manage external partners and consultants to help deliver excellent solutions for our business and marketing needs
- Influence, educate, and inspire internal teams to communicate the LabCentral brand consistently and effectively in their respective functions
- Approach work with a deep understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging to build meaningful connections between various audiences
- Support future expansion projects, interior and visual design – program, wayfinding, furniture, finishes and overall site experience design
- Drive creative ideation for events, including visual and experience design for annual celebrations, LabCentral Ignite events, sponsor and resident summits, site openings, community and social impact events
- Provide thoughtful and creative feedback and insight on improving organizational processes with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Manage members of the creative team through mentorship and focused development
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in creative marketing and some experience managing direct reports
- Expert-level fluency in the Adobe Suite and a portfolio showcasing your skills
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to roll-up your sleeves, but still able to delegate efficiently and direct team output
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to succinctly and effectively present creative in a compelling and thoughtful way
- Have a sense for conceptual thinking, compelling storytelling, and inclusive design
- Be a creative problem solver, generating and leading strategic initiatives and developing solutions to organizational growth challenges
- Have a true love for design, the creative process, and the results it can produce
- Think of yourself as possessing a growth mindset, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to lead others to greatness
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered, including deductible costs
- Long- and short-term disability, life insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Three months of fully paid parental leave
- 401K match up to 6% with immediate vestment
- Partial or complete reimbursements towards transportation (parking pass, MBTA, or bike commuting costs)
- Gym/fitness/yoga memberships or classes, massage therapy, and cell phone stipend and repairs
- Reimbursement for continuing education/training towards your job, student loan reimbursement
- Amazing colleagues, inspiring residents, sleek workspaces with tons of snacks, and in-house programming on thought-provoking topics!
LabCentral is a Massachusetts non-profit company founded in 2013 as a launchpad for high-potential life sciences and biotech start-ups. Operating over 225,000 sq. feet in Cambridge and on the Harvard University campus, LabCentral offers a network of laboratory spaces and scientific communities designed to jumpstart the launch of promising, early-stage life-sciences companies. LabCentral prepares entrepreneurs and scientists to accelerate scientific innovation in service of human health by providing best-in-class operational support, curated events and programming, and access to a diverse network of sponsors. LabCentral is also home to Gallery 1832 which engages the local community to celebrate artistic innovation.
Our mission is to empower the next generation of biotech and life science innovators by creating opportunities that accelerate the development of breakthrough technology and therapies.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LabCentral is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the city around us. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. Our mission to revolutionize the life sciences starts from within by embracing all perspectives. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.