BioMarin 2023 Golden Ticket
September 5, 2023
Applications now open for BioMarin-Sponsored LabCentral Golden Ticket, 2023!
As a Gold Sponsor of LabCentral, BioMarin is excited to expand their interactions with the Boston biotech community and support promising startups as they work to advance innovations toward new therapeutic options for patients.
The Golden Ticket provides the winning startup with a $50,000 credit toward space at LabCentral, including the benefits of LabCentral’s shared infrastructure and services, to be used within 13 months of issue.
BioMarin is looking for startups developing innovative therapeutic approaches and enabling technologies that can correct molecular pathways that are altered in genetic diseases. Our standard boundary conditions are:
- Genetic disease, with prevalence at least 1:50,000
- Treatment addressing the underlying molecular pathology
- Significant unmet clinical need with discernable clinical endpoints
- Transformative impact - where treatment is expected to stop progression or provide reversal
- Excluded therapeutic areas: oncology, infectious disease
We are interested in a broad range of modalities including:
- Small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches
- Gene therapy and gene editing
- Oligonucleotide and mRNA directed therapies
- Cell-based therapies
- Your startup is working on innovation within BioMarin's focus area
- Your startup has raised less than $10M in equity financing
- Your startup does not have trailing 12-month revenues in excess of $3M
- Your startup will be able to utilize the value of the Golden Ticket toward space at LabCentral within 13 months of issue
- Open call applications and application agreements accepted through 11:59 PM PT 9/5/23 | 2:59 AM EST 9/6/23.
- Finalists informed by Sept. 26
- Finalists will be invited to present to BioMarin during a virtual pitch event Oct. 10
- Golden Ticket winner will be announced soon after the pitch event