**POSTPONED** Tax and Estate Planning: Issues for Founders and Officers of Early Stage Biotechs
June 9, 2017
This Lunch & Learn panel discussion, presented by LabCentral sponsor Goodwin, will feature experts from Goodwin's Private Equity Group and UBS Financial Services. Panelists will address financial planning issues for early stage biotech founders and company officers. Come hungry and with questions for the experts!
UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Bjorn E. Koch, Senior Vice President – Wealth Management, Private Wealth Advisor
- Bjorn Koch, a Senior Vice President in UBS' Private Wealth Management division, focuses on advising leaders in the life sciences community. Bjorn and his team custom design financial plans while using innovative strategies to help their clients minimize taxes throughout the lifecycle of their companies. Bjorn also serves on the board of advisors for Life Science Cares.
Goodwin Procter LLP
- James T. Barrett, Partner, Private Equity Group
- Jim Barrett, a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity Group, is a business and securities lawyer who represents life sciences and other technology companies as well as venture capital and private equity funds. He regularly counsels boards of directors and general partners on corporate governance matters and guides their businesses through all stages of development. Accordingly, Jim concentrates on investment transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate representation. His corporate work has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America.
- Lisa McChesney, Associate, Trusts and Estate Planning
- Lisa McChesney, an associate in Goodwin’s Trusts and Estate Planning Practice, concentrates her practice on estate planning for high net worth individuals and families, estate administration, the formation and operation of nonprofit organizations and issues related to charitable giving. She counsels individuals and families in developing lifetime gift strategies and testamentary plans to best accomplish their dispositive goals while minimizing estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Lisa McChesney also advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries in connection with estate administration including post-mortem estate and tax planning, the probate process, the preparation of federal and state estate tax returns and representation in estate tax audits.