Triumvirate: Dry Ice Training
April 11, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Founding Sponsor Triumvirate Environmental presents "Dry Ice Baby"
This is a 1-hour training designed to instruct individuals on how to properly offer Dry Ice (a.k.a., Carbon dioxide, solid) for shipment by air according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations, including FedEx Express and UPS variations.
The training includes the following compliance topics:
- Shipper’s Responsibilities
- Classification and Shipping Description
- Overview of Biological Materials Packed on Dry Ice- what’s regulated, what’s not
- Packaging- General
- Dry Ice Packing Instruction Requirements
- Marking & Labeling
- Shipping Papers
- UPS/DOT Exception for Medical Use
- UPS/DOT Exception for Non-Medical Use < 5 kg.