LabCentral Virtual Event Series: Innovation and Biotech in the Time of COVID-19
April 6, 2020
Disclaimer: the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this blog belong solely to the individual author, and not to LabCentral or the author’s employer, organization or committee.
Community events have always been a cornerstone of LabCentral’s mission and a key program to foster networking “collisions” between our residents and the broader biotech industry in Kendall Square. Obviously, with the stay at home measures in place to address the COVID-19 crisis, the LabCentral team is working hard to make sure our community remains connected and engaged through these trying times.
As part of that effort, this week we’re excited to announce Innovation and Biotech in the Time of COVID-19, a multi-part virtual event series featuring experts from biotech startups, entrepreneurs, investors, medical professionals and other industry leaders. The virtual events are designed as a forum for the broader community to exchange ideas and discuss best practices on the challenges we face collectively moving forward.
The series kicks off tomorrow –Tuesday, April 7th at 1:30 PM–with a panel focused on the financial realities of the biotech economy in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. The event is open to the public and you can register here.
• Johannes Fruehauf, co-founder and president of LabCentral
• Matt McTygue, managing partner of Locke Lord’s Boston office
• Jonathan Norris, managing director of healthcare practice for Silicon Valley Bank
• Robert G. Urban, former/retired global head of J&J Innovation
Among other topics, the panel will discuss:
• How will investment slowdowns effect startups?
• How will the larger economy rebound be reflected in the biotech industry?
• Will we see leniency from investors in milestone timelines for startups?
We anticipate hosting additional virtual events on other topics later this month, so check LabCentral’s events page for updates!
In the meantime: Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and Stay Home!