LabCentral 238 is a 100,000 square-foot facility purpose-designed to provide our resident companies with robust and dynamic process development capabilities to aid in their preparation for bio-manufacturing. With capacity for up to 13 early-to-mid stage companies, LabCentral 238 supports the transition from research and development into scalable workflows for production of pre-clinical material. The facility design enables teams to grow to accommodate their evolving company needs.
The facility is focused on assisting the growth of companies developing complex therapeutics including cell and gene therapies. Support for LabCentral 238 comes from our partners including founding sponsor, Astellas.
What Do Our Residents Get?
At LabCentral 238, we are more than just a laboratory. We are a vibrant community that fosters interaction and collaboration, offering a comprehensive suite of amenities to boost productivity and innovation.
Our amenities include private BL1/BL2 laboratory suites accommodating 12 to 33 benches, along with modular BL2 tissue culture and process development add-on spaces as required.
Standard service agreements for two years with 6 months' notice at any time
We also provide group purchasing and other programs to help reduce costs.
- Ideal for pre-GMP process development and scale up for biomanufacturing.
- Private BL1 / BL2 laboratory suites with accommodations of 12 to 33 benches
- Modular BL2 tissue culture and process development add-on space as needed
- Service agreement is month to month, 180 days-notice at any time
- EHS training and compliance programs, management of all PPE for all lab users
- Biological and chemical waste removal
- Programming, events and technical training to support you and your startup team
LabCentral 238 is more than a workspace. Situated in the world's most dynamic tech and biotech region, our 100,000 square-foot facility encourages interaction, collaboration, and smooth transition from R&D to scalable production.
- Private labs
- Process development & BL2 labs
- Shared equipment labs and bioprocessing equipment showcase
- Private offices and rent-a-desk
- Conference rooms and Co-working areas
- Cafes, wellness rooms, lactation lounges, & more
- Ability to reserve the building’s 6th floor seminar room (84 person capacity) and Board Room (10 person capacity).
- Use of shared 6th floor outdoor terrace
- Gallery 1832 featuring local artists
- Serviced shower rooms
LabCentral 238 outfits your research and early-stage process development activities with a wide range of state-of-the-art technology.
- Access to autoclaves, glass washers
- Ice machines
- Cryogenic freezers
- Cold Rooms
- Controlled rate freezers
- High-speed centrifuges
- Shared bioanalytical labs
- Shared analytical chemistry lab
- Bioprocessing equipment
The groundbreaking R&D at LabCentral 238 is made possible by the generous contributions of our sponsors. We're especially grateful for the continued support of our founding sponsor, Astellas, and other key contributors.
- Millipore Sigma
Our 238 Location
238 Main St.
Our strategic location offers abundant synergies and partnership opportunities for our resident companies.
- 1 minute walk to the MBTA Kendall/MIT Red Line Station
- Close proximity to MIT, Harvard University, major research centers, hospitals, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies provides numerous synergies and partnership opportunities
- Access to MIT’s Open Space and programming
- Access to underground parking garage and locked bike storage
- Many local restaurant and café options