Test out new ideas with "quick-to-scale" support at LabCentral. With a focus on Pre-seed through Series A companies, our flagship location offers a vibrant entrepreneurial community, a range of lab resources and the basics to jumpstart scientific discovery within days of moving in. Residents must have less than $10 million in dilutive funding to apply.
What Do Our Residents Get?
At LabCentral, we don't just provide amenities; we provide a foundational launchpad and create an environment that accelerates your progress. When you join our community, we provide a seamless, all-inclusive lab experience with our team managing permits, waste removal, procurement needs, and equipment trainings. With us, you can concentrate on what truly matters - advancing your research. Additionally, your team will benefit from our dynamic programming and events geared to build connections within our community. Your company’s leadership can take advantage of our resident success program to collaborate with other founders and make vital connections in the Kendall Square biotech ecosystem. LabCentral offers a comprehensive suite of services that goes beyond the ordinary.
- Single BL1 benches and pods of 4 benches with access to shared BL2 labs
- Private lab suites ranging from 7- up to 20-benches
- Access to more than $7M of equipment, including microscopy, analytical chemistry, bioanalytical, and more
- Maintenance of equipment and technical support
- Service agreement is month to month
- EHS training and compliance programs, management of all PPE for all lab users
- Biological and chemical waste removal
- Programming, events and technical training to support you and your startup team
LabCentral goes beyond physical dimensions when it comes to space. We cultivate an environment that encourages innovation and fosters collaboration. Our meticulously designed spaces strike a balance between facilitating interaction among our residents and providing solitude for focused work. From private labs and offices to wellness rooms, our diverse spaces are tailored to meet your unique needs.
- Shared & private lab
- Coworking offices
- Private offices and rent-a-desk
- Conference rooms and phone booths
- Cafes, wellness rooms & more
At LabCentral, we understand that groundbreaking scientific discoveries require the most advanced tools. Our team has curated a diverse collection of shared equipment that extends beyond general laboratory tools and includes an array imaging and microscopy instruments, a Bioanalytical Lab, and an analytical chemistry lab. We take pride in equipping our residents with top-tier resources, removing barriers to innovation by ensuring access to the equipment necessary for breakthroughs.
- Autoclave, bottle wash, and ice machines
- Chemical hoods and BSL-2 facilities
- Centrifuges, vortex, shakers, freezers, cryo, storage facilities
- Flow cytometry, PCR, Mass spec, plate readers, microscopy suite, luminometry, HPLC
- Lyophilizer, ultracentrifuge, and high-speed centrifuge
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Locke Lord
- New England Biolabs
- Novo Nordisk
- Thermo Fisher
- Avantor (VWR)
- Eli Lilly
- Gunderson Dettmer
- Millipore Sigma
- Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- PHC Corporation (PHCbi)
- Browne Consulting Group
- Elemental Machines, Inc.
- Evident Olympus
- Goodwin Procter
- Integra Biosciences
- Meso Scale Discovery
- Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Nexcelom Bioscience
- Unchained Labs
- Union Office Interiors
Our Flagship Location
Walking distance to Kendall and Central Stations on MBTA Red Line
Close proximity to MIT, Harvard University, major research centers, hospitals, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies provides numerous synergies and partnership opportunities