The Blavatnik Harvard Life Lab is 10,000 square feet of lab space accessible to high-potential life science ventures of Harvard affiliation, including hospitals and institutions. Companies in our intimate, highly curated community thrive with the support of the Harvard and LabCentral ecosystems. The Blavatnik Harvard Life Lab is located in the heart of Longwood, on the Harvard Medical School campus.
What Do Our Residents Get?
Companies have wide access to complimentary amenities that are beneficial to companies that are starting out. By having access to the space, the companies are able to work and focus on their venture, with the operational burden lifted by our LabCentral staff.
- Single bench to Private Suite of 4 benches
- Situated within the Harvard Medical School (HMS) Campus
- Scientific support from Therapeutics Development Translator
- Access to various Harvard COREs at discounted rates
- Coworking office space with hot desks
- Conference rooms and phone booths
- Café, including a variety of snacks and coffee Shower, nursing room
Our BL1 and BL2 labs are fully equipped with basic biological equipment to support scientists in their daily equipment needs. This equipment is all shared but is maintained by Life Lab staff
- Glassware Prep
- Formulation Equipment
- Shared basic biological assay and analytical equipment
- Cold Storage
- Basic Equipment
- Standard Sample Analysis Tools
Companies that are accepted into the Harvard Life Labs must include a founding member or C-suite member to be affiliated with Harvard. This includes being an alumni, faculty, staff, postdoc, or employed by an affiliated Medical Center or Research Institute.
- Operated in partner with the Harvard Innovation Labs and the Harvard Medical School
- Offering a range of programming and content to support entrepreneurs across all stages
- Access to iLab and Therapeutics infrastructure and programming
The Blavatnik Harvard Life Lab Longwood
240 Longwood Ave , Boston, MA 02115
Located in Building C of Harvard Medical School in the Longwood Medical Area